“Arrival” means the commencement of the booking.
“Tariff” means the charge for the entire booking.
“The property” or “premises” means About Town Geelong City Apartment.
“We” or “our” or “us” refers to the operators of the property.
“You” or “your” or “guest” refers to guests staying in the property and/or clients who book the property on behalf of these guests.
1. Payment of the deposit or tariff constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. We will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, we reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
3. To secure your booking, a deposit of 50% of the tariff must be paid at the time of booking. Payment of the deposit must be made using MasterCard, VISA or BPAY. The balance is payable seven days before arrival. However, if booking less than seven days before arrival, the tariff is payable at the time of booking.
For Special Events, Christmas, Easter, June/July and Sept/Oct school holiday bookings, the balance may be required to be paid 14 days before arrival.
4. MINIMUM STAY: We accept any length of stay (subject to availability) however we generally require a minimum stay of two nights. Christmas/January holidays, School holidays. Easter, long weekends, peak periods and special events attract a premium rate with the tariff provided on application, and may require a minimum 7 night stay (at our discretion).
5. Keys are available upon arrival. Should you be arriving after business hours, please let us know in advance so that alternate key arrangements can be made. Upon departure all keys are to be left inside the property. Please ensure that all external doors are securely closed on departure. Garage door is to remain closed at all times.
6. All premises are to be left in a satisfactory clean and tidy state. All garbage must be wrapped and emptied into the outside garbage bin at the bottom of the stairs at the back door. Washing up must be done. In the event of excessive cleaning requirements, an extra cleaning fee will be charged to your account.
7. Pets are not allowed in the property under any circumstances.
8. All linen is provided including towels, bed linen, bath mats and tea towels. Due to health requirements, all guests must use sheets and pillowcases.
9. Smoking is not permitted inside the property. Please consider the environment and use ashtrays provided outside the property. If the property smells of smoke a $100.00 cleaning fee will be charged to your account.
10. Any damage, breakage or loss of furniture, furnishings, equipment, locks or keys must be reported immediately to us and paid for at cost, other than acceptable wear and tear. Please note that our housekeeper does a detailed inventory check both before and after your occupation.
11. For long term stays a security deposit (bond) is required to cover all additional costs incurred as a result of breach of these Terms and Conditions including any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, which occur due to you occupying the premises. The bond is payable at the same time as the balance amount. A full refund via direct deposit to your bank account or a cheque will be posted to you on vacating the property after inspection by the appointed cleaning staff/management.
12. The number of guests must not exceed the number we agree to. Additional fees of up to $50.00 per guest per night will apply for excess guests not notified to us in advance or at time of booking.
13. We take no responsibility for the guest’s personal property left on the premises.
14. Check-out time is 10am. Check-in time is from 2pm. The guest(s) must vacate the property by the check-out time unless agreed with us in advance that they may stay longer. Without prior agreement, additional late departure fees will apply at the nightly rate.
15. To make the booking, you must be 18 years or over and agree to take full responsibility for the temporary rental of the property.
16. Furniture, fixtures and fittings are not to be altered or moved between rooms. At no time is any part of the property, other than bedrooms, to be used to sleep guests.
17. CANCELLATION: If you cancel the booking, the following charges will apply (unless the property is re-let for the whole period of booking):